Am I Being Abused?
Questions to ask if you suspect abuse
- Are you in a relationship in which you have been physically hurt or threatened by your partner?
- Are you in a relationship in which you felt you were treated badly? In what ways?
- Has your partner ever destroyed things that you care about?
- Has your partner ever threatened or abused your children?
- Has your partner ever forced you to have sex when you didn’t want to?
- What happens when you and your partner disagree?
- Do you ever feel afraid of your partner?
- Has your partner ever prevented you from leaving the house, seeing friends, getting a job or continuing your education?
- If your partner uses drugs/alcohol, how does he act? Is he ever verbally or physically abusive?
- Do you have guns in your home? Has your partner ever threatened to use them when he was angry?
We Are Here to Help.
You are not alone.
All of our services are FREE and CONFIDENTIAL. For situations requiring an advocate’s immediate assistance, please call our 24/7 crisis hotline.
If you are in an emergency situation, please call 9-1-1.
24/7 Crisis Hotline 888-860-4084
Click to Connect