We are committed to serving our community by educating, protecting, & empowering.
Mission, Vision, & Values
SAFE on Main is dedicated to the safety, healing, and empowerment of survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking, while creating a supportive and knowledgeable community through prevention education.
We have a vision of a healthy, thriving community that is violence free and safe for everyone.
In light of our mission and vision, we believe:
- Safe families and healthy relationships are the foundation of safe, healthy and thriving communities.
- Intimate Partner Violence, Domestic Violence and Sexual Abuse are crimes of power and control that harm not only the individual victim, but families and the community as a whole.
- Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault are linked to other forms of abuse and disproportionately affect women, children and underserved populations. These links should not be ignored in the safety, healing, and empowerment of survivors.
- Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault are both unacceptable and preventable.
- Empowering future generations to live violent-free, healthy relationships.
- Awareness creates conversation necessary for prevention and opportunities for survivors to seek support and advocacy.
- Education and awareness can change the culture of violence.
- All people have a right to a violence-free life
What We Do & History
What We Do
SAFE on Main provides comprehensive services to Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, and Human Trafficking Survivors including crisis shelter, court advocacy, therapy, and support groups. SAFE on Main also provides prevention education regarding healthy relationships, character building, and sexual assault prevention in schools.